SENIOR BRAND MEETING STRATEGIST
ASE Group, Inc., a corporate meeting and event planning company located in Overland Park, KS, is seeking a Senior Brand Meeting Strategist to join our fast-paced, dynamic and creative team.
This client-facing role will oversee full-cycle meeting & event planning including: identifying goals and objectives, program strategy and design, site/vendor selection, development and coordination of meeting logistics, event design, budget management, on-site event management and final reconciliation.
We live by our core values of respectfully speaking your truth, sense of urgency, accountability, building relationships, creativity and passion. If you align with these values and our motto, “I Can, I Will,” please consider applying.
- Works closely with clients to ensure the program objectives are executed; strengthens client relationships by consistently exceeding their expectations.
- Proactively understands and leads meeting strategies to deliver innovative and creative solutions.
- Develops program timelines; communicates progress, target dates and deadlines to clients and internal teams.
- Assists with the development of program budgets; responsible for overall budget management.
- Provides site selection and contract negotiation services: development and distribution of RFPs, creation of site grids/venue comparisons, site inspections, contract negotiations and final review.
- Builds vendor partners relationships (hotel, venue, etc.) to improve our buying power and ensure the event’s success.
- Develops and supports registration process to include: building registration websites, attendee correspondence, hotel rooming coordination, reporting, registration reconciliation; tracks email confirmations, questions and resolutions.
- Monitors room blocks, attrition dates and other critical key dates to ensure timely processing of deposits, payments and invoices.
- Coordinates with creative team to produce program materials; assists with copywriting, proofreading and editing as needed.
- Ensures operational processes and procedures are followed; is accountable to meet/exceed program deadlines and budget requirements.
- Maintains accurate records for each program.
- Works with Accounting Department to review billing/transactions related to event and ensure timely payments are made.
- Leads on-site team.
- Evaluates program impact and reassesses objectives and outcomes; plans for continuous improvement.
- Provides support to other members of the Meetings and Events team; serve as mentor, coach, guide and help with problem solving to junior staff.
- Other duties as assigned.
- 7+ years meeting planning experience
- Working knowledge of meeting/events management industry best practices and standards
- Extensive knowledge of destinations and hotels
- Excellent computer skills; proficient in Cvent, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong communication and organizational skills
- Highly organized; works well under pressure
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects concurrently
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Collaborative approach to working with internal teams with ability to work independently
- Ability to travel to client programs, site inspections and planning trips (travel ranges from 2-14 days per trip)
- CMP or CMM certification preferred but not required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience
This position is ideally located in Kansas City. There may be an opportunity for the right candidate to work remotely if he/she is not based in the Kansas City area. Interested, qualified candidates should forward cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or agencies please.
- 4 Ways To Enhance Your Next Tradeshow
- It’s Time to Talk – Succession Planning for Your Franchise
- Now is the Time to Start Franchising!
- “Netiquette” – Minding Your Virtual “P’s” and “Q’s”
- ASE Group Company News
- Audience Engagement
- Brand Translators
- Conferences and Tradeshows
- Event Basics
- Franchise Conferences