BRAND MEETING COORDINATOR
ASE Group, Inc., a corporate meeting and event planning company located in Overland Park, KS, is seeking a Brand Meeting Coordinator to join our fast-paced, dynamic and creative team.
We live by our core values of respectfully speaking your truth, sense of urgency, accountability, building relationships, creativity and passion. If you align with these values and our motto, “I Can, I Will,” please consider applying.
PURPOSE AND OBJECTIVE
The Brand Meeting Coordinator supports and performs those functions necessary in planning, development, coordination and operation of meetings and events; creating, coordinating and maintaining records for the registration process as assigned; and, providing administrative and special project support to the Meetings and Events Operations Department.
- Provide support to the Program Lead of your assigned programs when they are unavailable, ensuring client needs are always met.
- Develop, maintain and grow existing client relationships by delivering the highest level of customer service (verbally and electronically).
- Establish effective and timely means of communication with participants regarding issues and questions. Be responsive and proactive to address client requests in a timely manner; phone calls and emails to be returned no later than 24 hours after receipt.
- Strive to delight the customer and exceed their expectations.
- Ensure operational processes and procedures are followed and be accountable to meet/exceed timelines.
- Assist with retention of clients and proactively planning for future meetings and events.
- Build registration websites, responsible for quality control, testing and maintenance of websites.
- Develop registration forms, optional activity forms, and any miscellaneous documents for all mailings (printed or electronic) to event participants. Process all mailings to include event documents, program mailers, confirmation letters to attendees, etc. Follow up with event participants regarding missing information and payment issues.
- Generate and maintain administrative reports for all programs and events to include participant list, hotel rooming list, arrival/departure list, name badges, activities list and any other records that will ensure the successful administration of the event.
- Responsible to develop and maintain rooming lists, manage changes, manage additions and cancellations, and be accountable for the accuracy of all attendee data.
- Manage program confirmations and electronic mailings and schedule/coordinate confirmation process.
- Responsible to maintain activity and ground transportation reports including track changes and generate accurate manifests.
- Research and collect vendor information and bids.
- Source and order items online – including event décor, venues and product vendors.
- Support vendor RFP process, contract negotiation and management, vendor performance evaluation and documentation in partnership with the Program Lead.
- Support all aspects of development of an event to include site grids for hotel selection, reviewing and understanding contracts.
- Assist the Program Lead in the development of pre-program materials (printed and/or electronic) including copywriting, proofreading and editing printed materials as needed.
- Organize program signage, meeting materials and collateral.
- Accountable to review contents with Program Lead, to ensure shipment is out on time, track outbound and return shipments, and to unpack/inventory return shipment upon arrival to the office following the program.
- Collect, review and organize financial documents to support the final reconciliation process.
- Utilize approved program templates to manage projects. Contribute ideas for process improvement and suggestions to increase efficiency.
- Build mobile apps, responsible for quality control, testing and maintenance of mobile apps.
- Build and draft email blast communications, including testing and sending to attendees.
- Support sponsorship program, including sponsorship calls/emails, exposure, invoicing/payments, etc.
- Support tradeshows, including working with exhibit company, layout, food prep, etc.
- Support needs of fellow employees as a part of the overall ASE Group, Inc. team and perform miscellaneous job/company related duties as assigned in an effort to become proficient in all areas of the Company’s business.
- Deliver innovation, creativity and features that set us apart from our competition.
- Participate in weekly meetings to review the activity report, sourcing, staffing and program status.
- Maintain program files and templates on the server, ensure consistent file naming, organization version control.
- Participate in company meetings, conference calls and events to maintain a high level of communication with all associates.
- Maintain positive relationships with team members and vendors.
- Travel as required to events and programs.
- Stay current on all industry and trade publications; will pull articles and information to distribute to all operations staff members as appropriate.
- Other duties as directed by the Associate Director of Meeting and Event Operations.
To perform this position successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Understand the Company’s long-term vision and be able to carry it out.
- Positive, innovative and dependable team player.
- Strong interpersonal skills and collaborative ability to interact well and maintain positive relationships with internal departments, outside vendors, suppliers, and clients.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Solid analytical and decision-making skills with the ability to prioritize assignments and to work under pressure to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently and autonomously.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills and working knowledge with Cvent, Microsoft Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to lift 50 lbs.
- Ability to operate basic office machines such as computer, calculator, and copier.
- Travel is required for the purpose of attending client programs and for participating in industry educational events and conferences.
- Bachelor degree in business, marketing, hospitality, journalism or communications.
- Minimum of 1 year relevant meeting management or convention services experience.
This position is based in Kansas City. Interested, qualified candidates should forward cover letter and attach resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
No phone calls or agencies please.
- 4 Ways To Enhance Your Next Tradeshow
- It’s Time to Talk – Succession Planning for Your Franchise
- Now is the Time to Start Franchising!
- “Netiquette” – Minding Your Virtual “P’s” and “Q’s”
- ASE Group Company News
- Audience Engagement
- Brand Translators
- Conferences and Tradeshows
- Event Basics
- Franchise Conferences